At Turning Point: The Center for Hope and Healing, volunteers support the heart of all activities. Volunteers share their time, talents, and energy to help Turning Point thrive. Together, we promote hope and healing in our community and enhance the lives of the individuals, families and friends living with a serious or chronic physical illness.
- Front Desk Volunteer: Greeter at front desk, answer phone, enroll participants in programs, assist with class preparation, make reminder calls for upcoming programs and other related duties. The usual commitment is three hours per week between the hours of 8:30 and 6:30.
- Adult Programming Support: Assist with greeting, attendance, room set-up and take down, reminder calls and various other duties at program director’s request. Time commitment would change with program needs.
- Children’s Programming Support: Assist with children’s programing such as camps, classes and special requests by children’s program director. Usual commitment varies. Children’s program volunteers require a background check.
- Health Fair Representative: Spreading the word about Turning Point at Health Fairs and Community Events. You would assist in the set-up of Turning Point displays and the promotion of our mission. Usual commitment varies per event and is usually no more than 2-4 hours.
- Garden Volunteers: Help create our outdoor masterpiece by volunteering your time to our living garden. Help with planting, watering, weeding and nurturing. Seasonal and required time varies.
- Annual or Special Events: Holiday Boutique, Bridge of Hope, Evening Among Friends, Annual fund raiser and more. Assist with invitations, party bags, reception, check in, decorations and much, much more. Time commitment will vary from 2 to 10 hours.
- Hospitality: Be willing to assist with Turning Point in house events by providing food or beverages for guests at special events such as our Holiday party or Spa night.
- Donation and Fund Raising Support: Assist with periodic donation or fundraising opportunities including special events, fundraising, mailings, public speaking and more.
Without the help of our volunteers we could not offer our quality service at no cost to our participants, families and supporters.
Click here to download the Volunteer Application, print and complete and mail to Michelle Warner’s attention at:
8900 Stateline Road suite 240
Leawood, KS 66206
For more information on becoming a Turning Point Volunteer, contact Michelle Warner at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 913-574-0910.